Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Moving Elements

Moving Element 1- Study Space




Once the student is inside the study space, they may choose to swing open the partition for additional privacy, especially as the studio/lab space is also used as a bridge between buildings. The partitions are in a triangular shape so that students can easily see if the study space is taken by another student or not. 

Moving Element 2- Window Space

The window slides out to create a private sort of reading room/ study space/meeting space (located in the library/locker bridge above University Mall). I wanted to retain the slim, smooth shape of this bridge, so I decided to create additional spaces which only temporarily jut out. I think I will change the shape once I have a better idea of how my spaces will flow. 


Relation to theory: Elements that the user can engage with, elements that are flexible 

No comments:

Post a Comment